JQuery :: Create Buttons That Will Make A Single Div Scroll Back And Forth
Mar 29, 2010
I am creating a website that uses columns (example) and I would like to be able to click left and right buttons to scroll horizontally one column at a time without the header and footer scrolling with the content.
I have tried using Scrollable and JCarousel but both require you to scroll through a set of list items. I need to be able to scroll 320px at a time. Is this possible?
This works fine when I have more than 1 radio button. However for just a single radio button it does not work. I don't know how many radio buttons I will have since they are being created from a mysql query.
I'm trying to add scrolling buttons that scroll the page onmousover. They work great, however, since the duration is a fixed value, and the distance changes based on how far the user scrolls, it sometimes scrolls fine (when the distance and duration are proportioned), and very slow (when the duration is way higher than the distance)...
Is there any way to change the duration based on the distance?
To make some sort of "speed" setting, instead of a constant duration?
If you look here i have a simple one page site with the banner sticking to the top and page anchors scrolling to each area. The problem is that it scrolls it to the top of the page, underneath the banner. Rather than bringing the anchor up below the banner, the back to top one works fine just cannot figure out why the others go to the top of the page. Basically i need to some how tell the js to add the banners height to the top of the browser.
I want to place some background images behind my navigation links using JQuery. I have spent hours Googling the most promising solution which do not work : And when I apply these solutions to my own code I come up with: $('ul li :eq(0)').css('background', 'url(../images/home_icon.gi)');
1. click on the (open grid) link and select option "13", buttons A to N would appear 2. click on the select all answers button, all buttons A to N would turn green. 3. Now click on the open grid again and select option "5". As you can see all the buttons from A to 5 are now selected (Have all turned green). 4. Now go back to grid and choose option 13. As you can see all buttons A to N would be selected. I don't want this to happen. What should happen is that the 5 buttons selected before the option change should remain selected and the other 8 buttons should go back being unselected, but I do not know how to do this. I tried including this in the selectAll() function but it did not work: $('.answerBtns:hidden').removeClass('answerBtnsOn').addClass('answerBtnsOff'); Code is in jsfiddle, click [here]
1. click on the (open grid) link and select option "13", buttons A to N would appear
2. click on the select all answers button, all buttons A to N would turn green.
3. Now click on the open grid again and select option "5". As you can see all the buttons from A to 5 are now selected (Have all turned green).
4. Now go back to grid and choose option 13. As you can see all buttons A to N would be selected. I don't want this to happen. What should happen is that the 5 buttons selected before the option change should remain selected and the other 8 buttons should go back being unselected, but I do not know how to do this.
I tried including this in the selectAll() function but it did not work:
Code: $('.answerBtns:hidden').removeClass('answerBtnsOn').addClass('answerBtnsOff'); Does anyone have any ideas? Code is in jsfiddle, click [here]
I have a grid of buttons the user can select from by opening the grid and selecting a button. Now if the user selects a button from the grid then it displays buttons "A" to whatever letter depending on the option selected from the grid. Now lets say the user clicks on the "Select All Answers" buttons, all buttons from "A" to whichever button turns green. Now if user decides to select another option from the grid, then what happens is that all the buttons that have been selected turns back to being unselected (turns back to a white color).
I do not want this to happen. If the user clicks a button from the grid then I do not want it to remove all selected buttons underneath, I want it to stay the same as what it was. I want the same if the user changes the value in the "Number of Answers" textbox, I do not want it to turn selected buttons to being unselected.
I figured instead of reinventing the wheel someone surely has a simple a banner rotator with forward/back options, but darn if I can find one. There are countless scripts out there, but I can�t find one where the user can select the next banner before its allotted time. It would be simple enough in flash, but it was requested I stay with java script.
Anyone have any leads for a very basic banner rotation script that incorporates the forward/back selection option?
I want to make a list of divs into a vertical scrollable slider.Each div will consist of a small thumbnail image, a small title header and a link.I haven't started coding this yet but the above code should give you an idea of what I'm aiming for. The image thumbnails will be floated on the left, and the titles/links will be floated on the right.
I've been looking at the jQuery Scrollable script here and when I tested it with JS turned off, the rest of the content within the slider stayed hidden, instead of being visible and there was no way of viewing the rest of the content within the slider, other than the three images that were "in view".I would like to know if there's a way of making all the content within the slider visible all at once when JS is disabled. Is it possible to do this?
Here is our teachers example[url].. I tried to make my website but i am stuck!
I am having trouble creating two slideshows on a single page. I know that there is a problem of one slideshow overriding the other, but I can't figure out what to change or where in order to make both functional. I've seen other posts related to this, but those I've tried don't work for me. Here's my partial code...I only included the parts I think are necessary.
I'm using a JQuery function to slide a div into and out of visibility, but every time I toggle, the browser resets my view to the top of the web page..What I want to happen is when you click to reveal the div, the page scrolls down and the div content is in full view. When I click again to re-hide the div, I want the page to scroll back up smoothly instead of just reverting to the top of the whole page...The page url is: http:[url]....Here's my code:
I want to create back and forward buttons on my web page. I didn't havena problem with that... the thing I am having trouble with is I would like to display "disabled" images when there if there isn't a page to go back/forward...how would I go about doing that?