As usual, this site works with every single browser known to man ...........except for any version of IE. I have tried using IE's devel tools to no avail ....though I'm a complete newb, so that isn't saying much. Code?Here's the section IE complains about:
var nodeList = xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("item");[code]....
**** UPDATE *****Well ...it looks like I can't have null values in any elements ( in the xml document ). How do you experts satisfy this requirement in an elegant fashion.Since there is no data for certain elements, I'm looking for a reasonable failover solution. Empty quotes?..... still experimenting. A script produces the xml file from a database so some elements do not have data for certain
An error 'Object expected' error occurs when loading the page online in IE.There is no error in any browser when it is in local.I need to show a popup when mouse is moved upwards...it works nice in all browsers offline but when it is made online it is not working properly in IE,when the mouse is moved upward popup shows with an error 'Object expected' and it fails to load that instant.In mozilla and other browsers it works properly.
I have a script that works in Firefox but not IE6-
The form is set this way: <FORM ACTION="<?php echo("$Action"); ?>" METHOD="POST" NAME="Params" <input type="hidden" NAME="ThisPageURL" value=""><input type="hidden" Name="$ERR" value=""><input type="hidden" name ="TimeZoneOffset" value=""><input type="hidden" Name="$U" value=""><input type="hidden" Name="$R" value=""><input type="hidden" Name="$T" value="">
I get the following error in IE: document.Params.ThisPageURL is null or not an object
Is there a piece of code that can be added to the HTML to tell internet explorer to run the script?
I am working on a script to allow the user to click on an image to turn table header locking on and off. Everything appears to work fine, with the exception of one quirk that is occurring when I run the test page in Internet Explorer (7, in this case). If you click on the icon once to turn on header locking, it works. If you then click the icon again, it turns off header locking, as it is supposed to. But after that, you can no longer click on the icon. It is as if it loses the event binding. I am not removing or in anyway creating a new instance of the icon (although I did try using live() instead of click() just to be safe). Also, if I run this same page in Firefox, I do not have this problem. You can see the example page and view the complete source at [URL]
I am trying to make comments system and i want to add smileys.the content of each comment is written in TEXTAREAI have a JS code that gets a "smiley code" like :) and adds it into the TEXTAREA. i mean it adds :) :( XD ;) or what i sent to the function.the TEXTAREA code:
I get an Object Expected error when trying to toggle showing a hidden div in IE. This is the code in <head>:
I'm having trouble figuring out what's going on with IE6's Msxml2.XMLHTTP object. I have two feed addresses in this stripped down version of my code below. Both work fine in Firefox (using the XMLHttpRequest object), but only the thinkgeek one works in IE. In the processFeed function, it shows the problem - the first alert shows 0 for the wikihow feed in IE, though it can still display the responseText. Any insight? Code:
my site seems to be working perfectly on firefox but when I access it on internet explorer everything loads fine but there is a yellow marker on the status bar of IE saying there are errors on the page. I copied the source into dreamweaver to check for browser specefic bugs but the only bugs that came up were that in Netscape. So any idea why this is happening? The link to my site is in my profile.
I am having trouble with Internet Explorer AGAIN.How do you use the setTimeout for it?This is what I am using and it is working on all of the other browser:Code:setTimeout("growContact(" + (height+20) + ")", 0);
I have a problem, and maybe someone knows the solution.
Context : - Browser : IE 6.0 - Application server : Livewire Pro - Client OS : Windows 98 SE - Server OS : NT4 - I have a frameset, including several pages, but only one will be used for the example. -------- | a | -------- | b | -------- - a form on the main page (a.html i.e.) - a data is manually typed, then I submit the form => the action will redirect to a new page (c.html) - on this new page, I do a history.go(-1), so I'm back on the a.html page, and the data is still there (it's ok) - cache parameters : "check on every page visited"
Problem : - From the main page, if a popup gives the data to the form, so after the submit and the history.go(-1), the form contains NO data !!!
So, the data is lost when the data input is not made by hand.
I have no troubles with Netscape/Mozilla, but only with IE.